Sunday 16 June 2013

The Start of my Writing Journey

So, my writing journey began last April (2012) when the title of a novel came to me loud and clear. The title Woman Scorned was so interesting to me that I was so excited to begin writing. It went well for a while, until I started having writer's block.
Then, I was no longer interested in writing...I got bored. 
However, the moment I allowed someone to read my work - or at least how far I'd gotten - and was given positive feedback, it was all the fuel I needed to reignite the fire and write until I was finished.

Suffice it to say, it was a mediocre start to my writing journey, and I am, by no means, a literary expert - I'm learning as I go along - but, if I didn't start, there would be no drive for me to continue. Since the First Draft completion of Woman's Scorned, I have completed another First Draft of a novel, the first in a series of three. Furthermore, I have had three - count 'em, three (3) - additional novel ideas.

I am happy for this journey, even though sometimes I feel I am going crazy with all the thoughts swirling in my head, threatening to be lost in forgetfulness if I don't stop writing my current novel and write the down every bit of information that my mind has come up with - this has happened to me on too many occasions.



Despite my emerging mental health problems (yes, you can laugh...I'm laughing at myself), if I didn't START...I wouldn't be where I am today: two books down, another almost finished and four more in the works, and yes, two sheets away from crazy. Lol!!!

Hmm...I'm beginning to wonder if starting this journey was a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment