Friday 20 September 2013

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)Seduced in the Dark by C.J. Roberts
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was absolutely gripping from Book one to Book two. The way in which the author switched between the characters' story was apt and made us understand each character more. The plot was intense and commanding. It makes you want to keep turning the page. All the revelations from the book kept me saying: Oh. My. God!!!!!

The Dr. Sloan revelation didn't surprise me. I kinda knew there was something more to her squeaky-clean, nerdy persona. Lol!!! Love it! Agent Reed's revelation shocked the heck outta me though. Thank you for that shocker Mrs. Roberts!!!!

The truth behind Caleb and Rafiq was a stunner and I loved that twist in the story.

But the true heroin....Miss Ruiz. My God! She's awesome! And I call her a heroin because it's truly what she is. She is strong, emotive, and resilient and used these as strengths to help her to survive what was a horrible, heinous few months. I love Livvie!!!! ^_^

It's always a question though: Can a victim ever love her captor? Us psychology enthusiasts would believe that it is just Stockholm's, but this book answers the question for us in a most vivid way.

I'm so glad I read this book. I already want to re-read the series. Please read. Don't read with a closed mind. The only way you will enjoy this book is if you open you open your mind and let go of preconceived notions and all knowledge of what you think is right and/or wrong. That stuff doesn't belong in reading anyway. Lol!!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment