Friday 20 September 2013

Tangled (Tangled, #1)Tangled by Emma Chase
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

THIS BOOK WAS................AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I give this book as many stars as I can find!

The writing, the story line?
love it

I have been trying to wrap my mind around a proper review of this book for weeks. Nothing I say will give this book proper justice. This is, EASILY, the best and FUNNIEST book I've read...EVER!

Okay....so prepare for a few minor spoilers.

The story is from the POV of the lead character, Andrew "Drew" Evans,

Drew

Glorified man-whore.
man-whore

The opening chapter begins with him having a rare type of flu, called love-sickness (something that he has NEVER experienced in all his life), and after an intervention from his best friend and sister, he tells the story of the events leading up to his depressed mood.

At one of his regular bar visits, after hooking up with a random bar chick, he meets Kate
Kate

She evokes in him, feelings that he did not quite understand at first, but chalked up to wanting to have sex with her. They talk for a few minutes and she tells him that she's engaged. He would have put her out of his mind except...she's the new employee at his father's company!...where he also works! Now, more than ever, he HAS to sleep with her...he just has to. Problem is, he doesn't sleep with his coworkers...but for her, he'll make an exception. He finds out that they are both very competitive, and when his father pits the against each other to come up with a pitch for a new client, things get a little heated between the two, in more ways than one. More than that, he starts to get to know her and develop feelings for her...not in the Drew Evans playbook, but he can't help it.

When Drew finally gets his chance with Kate, he soon realizes that his feelings have intensified drastically. Drew Evans, man-whore extraordinaire, is head-over-heels in love. Kate, no doubt, feels the same, but just when things seem to be going Drew's way, re-enter Kate's ex who wants another chance. Drew thinks he's lost his chance and royally screws things up with his big mouth, seemingly losing Kate forever. But when he finds out that Kate didn't get back together with her ex-fiance, he has to fight to get her back.

He goes to ridiculously sweet lengths to win back her favor, for her to believe in him again, and after a poorly cooked dinner date at his home, Drew finally gets his girl back.

Now that all that's out of the way.........I must say that the writing was wonderful, quirky and engaging. I felt like I was watching a Romantic comedy the entire time. I was LOL-ing so much that I could envision this book as a movie. From start to finish, this book was hilarious! I don't think I've ever enjoyed a book more than I enjoyed this one.

I have to be talking myself out of re-reading it, as every time I see the cover I just want to open it and start reading.

To the author....BRAVA BELLISSIMA!!!! Emma Chase did the damn thing in this novel!

Emma Chase is
genius

Tangled is a refreshing read...funny, engaging, and entertaining. Two thumbs and two big toes way up!

tangled

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment