Monday 23 November 2015

Monday morning thoughts: Just a lil' bit

On the drive to work this morning, I got to thinking about sleep...why does it seem so elusive when you really need to, why do you want to when the time doesn't call for it, and why does it never seem enough? I've concluded that it's like money: hard to come by, quick to leave and never enough.

This morning, I felt my eyes burning with the reality that I didn't get enough sleep after going to bed sometime after 10:30p.m. and waking up 4:16a.m. Yet, as I pulled out my cell and began reading, the thought of resting my head against the window and catching an hour & a half's worth was far from my mind. Now, however, as I sit down to get some work done, all I feel is lethargic. My eyes burn in earnest and the heaviness in my head has spread to my limbs.

What I wouldn't give for an hour of shut eye! Which brings me to my reference about money.

Last week, I was contemplating not going to a very good friend of mine's wedding, because when I thought of how far away it was, the gas to get there, the money to buy something new, to get my hair done, then to still think about groceries...I just didn't have the money to do everything without something suffering. So I thought, instead of starving to death, I would hold on to whatever money I had & buy her a gift in 2 weeks. Something told me to check my debit card. I hadn't been checking my expenditure, so I really thought I was in the amber (warning levels). When I did, however, I saw more than I expected...so much that I was able to EVERYTHING that I wanted to do and even tied in work for this week!

I say all this to say, a little extra (sleep, money), makes a WORLD of difference. Just a little extra can put the pep back in your step. Appreciate the extra today, and if you have an over-abundance of something, even just a little bit (energy, money, love), don't hesitate to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment